2017 Player Pick-up Policies
Updated Friday February 17, 2017 by GHSA - Secretary.
Player Pick-up Policies
For 2017, GHSA has decided to adopt new pick-up policies to further help teams play their games without forfeits. Pick-up policies are as follows:
- Teams can pick-up two (2) players to complete their roster up to 10 players.
- Addendum: Teams are now allowed to pick-up more than two (2) players to complete their roster up to 10 players, as long as the opposing coach agrees. If the opposing coach does not agree, and the team needing the pickups has fewer than nine (9) players, that team will be forced to forfeit the game.
- Teams can only pick up players to get their roster to 10 players
- Teams are NOT able to pick up players if they already have 10 players, or to play an EH.
- Teams are not allowed to pick up players to sit one of their own players
- Pick-up players must be of the same classification or lower
- For instance, a Men's E team CANNOT pick up a Men's C player.
- Addendum for 2017: Coed E players will be allowed to pick up on a Coed F team to help alleviate issues with forfeits due to lack of players. This is the only exception to the classification rule.
Should a team be in violation of these pickup rules, that team will be forced to forfeit the game.
These pick-up rules are in place for the safety of the players of the Association. We want everyone to be out and have fun, but also want everyone to be safe.
Thank you for your cooperation with these rules.
2017 GHSA Board Secretary
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.